- K&N PRO
- WHELEN MODIFIED
- WHELEN ALL-AMERICAN
- YOUR HOME TRACK
BOUCHERVILLE, Quebec, Canada – Spectra Premium and the Company’s ambassador Jean-François Dumoulin proudly presented a technological innovation, the new high-performance NSCR100 radiator. The professional auto-racing driver will put the radiator to the test during trial sessions scheduled to take place in the US at the end of March. The new design of the 2017 No. 04 Spectra Premium / Bernier Crépeau / Groupe Bellemare / MIA car was also unveiled at today’s event. The car will be equipped with the NSCR100 radiator technology throughout the season.
NSCR100 Radiator: Technological Innovation
Spectra Premium Industries welcomed the opportunity to develop this new high performance racing technology. “We’ve approached this project just as we would with any customer; with the mindset of adding value. It was important to understand the existing challenges and what we could improve upon in order to offer a better product,” explained Serge Guénette, Vice President Manufacturing, Spectra Premium.
This innovation is the result of merging Spectra Premium engineers’ expertise with that of the Dumoulin Compétition crew. “Our collaboration with the Dumoulin team, that began in 2015, demonstrates the dedication and pride of all Spectra Premium employees to continually improve the technology found in all of the vehicles on our roads. The reliability of our products represents a performance guarantee for family cars, specialized fleets, and now race cars. Performance and collaboration are values that unite our Premium team and Jean-François Dumoulin’s team,” said Jason Best, Senior Vice President, Spectra Premium.
Spectra Premium ambassador Jean-François Dumoulin reiterated the importance of teamwork in the development of this project. “Working together has enabled us to gather the necessary data for the positioning of the NSCR100 radiator in the car, as well as optimizing air flow to improve on-track performance. Spectra Premium’s expertise will allow us to maximize efficiency for the both the NSCR100 radiator and other new parts that will be installed in the car.”
Two-year Partnership, New Design, and On-track Testing
The new design, developed by Jean-Philippe Milot (graphic designer, Spectra Premium), is part of a two-year partnership between Spectra Premium Industries and Dumoulin Compétition (announced on December 17, 2016). This agreement will allow Jean-François Dumoulin to participate in a minimum of ten races in 2017 and 2018 in the NASCAR Pinty’s Series. “I’m really proud to race sporting the Spectra Premium colors, and I’m really excited to see how the car will perform on the track, we’re ready. The new design is dynamic, lends movement to the appearance of the car and highlights our valued partners, who have been supporting us for many years,” shared the driver of the No. 04 Spectra Premium / Bernier Crépeau/ Groupe Bellemare / MIA car.
While waiting for the first green flag of the season on May 21 at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Bowmanville, Ontario), we hope see you in a few weeks at the test sessions of the #04 Spectra Premium / Bernier Crépeau/ Groupe Bellemare / MIA with the new high performance NSCR100 radiator from Spectra Premium. It’s a new milestone and Jean-François Dumoulin is starting the 2017 season with a set strategy and determination. “I’m really excited to be on the track to evaluate the performance potential of the NSCR100 radiator in the #04 Spectra Premium / Bernier Crépeau / Groupe Bellemare / MIA car.”
THE MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE NSCR100 RADIATOR:
• Full aluminum radiator, using optimal balanced material thickness to minimize weight;
• Heavy gauge tubes for increased durability;
• Reinforced first rows of tubes to increase mechanical resistance without compromising coolant flow.
• The oil cooler, also made of aluminum, is incorporated in the radiator’s tank, eliminating any additional weight, as well as extra hoses and connections, which frees up space under the hood of the car;
• The design includes anchor points which allow for installation and removal of the radiator in a faster and more efficient way (special tools are no longer necessary) all while allowing inclination of the radiator in the desired angle for optimized air flow;
• Robust installation of the radiator on the shroud, using quick connectors as used in planes and high-performance race cars;
• Integrated lightweight fan brackets allowing a secure and robust installation of a wide range of electric fans with minimal airflow restriction;
• A standard threaded insert system for quick and reliable fan installation;
• A universal connection inlet port offering painless customization of the coolant hose circuit, based on each racing team’s need;
• radiator vent relocation to avoid damages in the event of a light frontal incident.
Spectra Premium Industries is a privately held company headquartered in Boucherville, Quebec, Canada. Spectra Premium is a team of more than 1,300 dedicated employees that specializes in auto parts manufacturing and distribution. The Company owns and operates four manufacturing plants and 17 warehouses. With its international distribution networks and unparalleled customer and after sales service, Spectra Premium is the automobile manufacturers’, auto technicians’ and handymen’s choice for reliable, quality parts and automotive systems. Trust your vehicle to Spectra Premium (spectrapremium.com).
Bernier Crepeau Chrysler Fiat: With 25 years of experience, the family business has built an enviable reputation in the field of vehicle acquisition. If the future of this company is linked to the loyalty of its customers, it is also held by the reliability and strong communication of its team. This team is at your disposal, ready to listen to you, to hear you. Passion, care, and determination. A team willing to go the extra mile, with its ears wide open (berniercrepeau.com).
Group Bellemare: Competitive and dynamic, Thomas Bellemare's innovative and growing family team is ready to take on any challenge. With support from senior members and a qualified team of managers, the third-generation Bellemares are reaching new heights. Built upon a solid past, the company moves forward with an exceptional team of experts and seeks a select group of clients. Our clients continue to benefit from our wide variety of services that target a large number of sectors. As a result, our visibility is constantly on the rise. Working with the Bellemare team has become a measure of success. Start off right by choosing a winning team! (groupebellemare.com)
MIA – Motorsports In Action: With over 50 years of combined Motorsport experience, MIA is making a name for itself in the industry in “La Belle Province”. Being trackside, situated at Autodrome St-Eustache, gives our clients “real time” results, testing their vehicles. One stop shopping is our strength, from high-end mechanics, exotic automotive maintenance, complete race car building and design to prestige paint and meticulous detailing. “Leave it, then enjoy it!” (motorsportsinaction.com).
Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi is proud to be one of the first Mitsubishi dealers in Canada (opening in 2002). The commitment from Mitsubishi is defined by the quality, reliability and durability of its vehicles, notably with their 10-year warranty, the best in the industry! Pride, integrity and respect are the values of the Trois-Rivières Mitsubishi team (troisrivieresmitsubishi.com).
FEATS AND HIGHLIGHTS - JEAN-FRANÇOIS DUMOULIN
• First podium in the NASCAR Canadian Tire series on May 17, 2015 (3rd place – Canadian Tire Motorsport Park)
• The first Quebec-born driver to win twice the Rolex 24 in Daytona; 2004 (SGS and 2007 (GT).
• Caught the attention of the renowned Player's Driver Development Program scout (Formula Ford and Formula Atlantic), became one of the youngest drivers ever to be recruited, and was touted as a strong contender for the championship title in Formula Ford (1996 and 1997 seasons).
• Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge GS, USA in 2003 (9 podiums).
• Champion of the Grand-Am Continental Tire Sport Car Challenge ST, USA in 2002 (5 podiums).
• In Montreal's 2009 edition of Nascar Nationwide, he finished his first race in 7th position aboard a badly damaged car and won the hearts of numerous fans and reporters.
• In 2000, he was the Motorola Cup Series Vice-Champion, during a season that included a 1st place podium finish after having begun the race in 52nd position at the Molson Indy event in Ontario, Canada.
The unveil of the No. 04 Spectra Premium/Bernier Crépeau/Groupe Bellemare/MIA car that Jean-François Dumoulin will drive in the NASCAR Pinty's Series. Yves Clément