- K&N PRO
- WHELEN MODIFIED
- WHELEN ALL-AMERICAN
- YOUR HOME TRACK
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will conclude the 2017 season on Sunday with the running of the Sunoco World Series 150 at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park. Below is a statistical look at the race, including selected driver notes:
Sunoco World Series 150 Setup:
• The Sunoco World Series 150 marks the fourth and final appearance of the 2017 season at Thompson. Rowan Pennink and Ryan Preece have already visited Victory Lane on the high-banks this season.
• Entering the race, Doug Coby holds a 10 point lead in the championship standings over Justin Bonsignore. Timmy Solomito is third, 12 points back, while Ryan Preece is fourth, 19 points back.
• Preece (five), Solomito (four) and Bobby Santos (two) are the only driver's to win multiple points races this season. Doug Coby has two wins, but one of them came in the non-points event at Charlotte last week.
At Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park:
• The historic 0.625-mile oval opened in 1940 and has held at least one NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour race since the series started in 1985.
• The track held three Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races in history, with the first being won by Neil Cole back in 1951.
• The track also has a non-NASCAR road course, where events are held throughout the year.
• The NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Tour returned to Thompson for the first time since 2009 on July 8 this season, with Harrison Burton going to Victory Lane.
• There have been 137 Whelen Modified Tour races in the history of Thompson, which is the most of any other facility on the 2017 schedule.
• Seven-time series champion Mike Stefanik holds the lead with 15 career wins at the Connecticut oval, while Doug Coby, Bobby Santos and Justin Bonsignore lead all active drivers with five career wins.
• There have been 47 different pole winners at Thompson. Tony Hirschman leads the list with 13 career poles, while Doug Coby is the active leader with seven career poles.
•In the Icebreaker, Rowan Pennink snapped a dry spell that dated back to 2009 for the Boelher Racing team. Ryan Preece was able to roll into Victory Lane in the other two events at Thompson so far this season.
Race: #16 of 16 overall
Race Date: Sunday, October 15 at 3:30 p.m. (approx.)
Track Layout: 0.625-mile paved oval
Race Length: 150 laps (93.75 miles)
2016 Winner: Justin Bonsignore
2016 Polesitter: Timmy Solomito
1-Lap Qualifying Record: 123.376 mph (Bobby Santos -- April 2011)
Eric Goodale (No. 58 GAF Roofing Chevrolet)