- K&N PRO
- WHELEN MODIFIED
- WHELEN ALL-AMERICAN
- YOUR HOME TRACK
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. — The NASCAR K&N Pro Series West schedule heads to Douglas County Speedway in Roseburg, Oregon, for the Clint Newell Toyota 150 presented by NAPA Auto Parts on Saturday, August 26. Below is a look at the race itself and some of the selected participants.
Clint Newell Toyota 150 Race Setup:
• Chris Eggleston of Erie, Colorado, won last time out at Washington’s Evergreen Speedway from the pole for his fourth win of the season, moving him to within just two points of NASCAR K&N Pro Series West leader Todd Gilliland with four races remaining.
• The win was the fourth of the season for Eggleston as he seeks his second career series championship.
• Gilliland, of Sherrills Ford, North Carolina, has five wins this season and led a race-high 114 laps at Roseburg last year.
At Douglas County Speedway:
• This will be the series’ 15th visit to the .375-mile oval, dating back to its first trip in 1966.
• Located at the Douglas County Fairgrounds in Roseburg, Oregon, the oval is the state’s premiere paved oval.
• The track is operated by the Pacific Racing Association (PRA), a non-profit group.
• Ten different winners have been celebrated in the previous 14 events held at the track, with Eric Holmes leading all drivers with three career victories.
• Eric Holmes has the most wins at the track with three consecutive victories from 2008-2010.
• Jack McCoy and Austin Cameron are the only other drivers with multiple victories at Roseburg with two wins apiece.
• Mike Duncan, Eric Holmes and Jack McCoy have collected the most poles at Douglas County with two each.
• Eric Holmes has the most top fives (five) and top 10s (five) at the track, where he has never finished worse than third in five career starts.
Race: #11 of 14 overall
Race Date: Saturday, August 26, 8 p.m. PT
Track Layout: .375-mile semi-banked asphalt oval
Race Length: 150 laps (56.25 miles)
2016 Winner: Ryan Partridge
2016 Pole Sitter: Todd Gilliland
1-lap Qualifying Record: Mike David, Ford, 119.276 mph (June 2007)
150-lap Race Record: Eric Holmes, Toyota, 62.616 mph (53 minutes, 54 seconds, July 2008)
Eric Holmes … 3
Austin Cameron … 2
Mike Duncan … 1
Brian Ickler … 1
Jack McCoy … 1
Hershel McGriff … 1
Scott Lynch … 1
Ryan Partridge … 1
Peyton Sellers … 1
Johnny Steele … 1
Mike Duncan … 2
Eric Holmes … 2
Scott McCoy … 2
Austin Cameron … 1
Mike David … 1
Scott Gaylord … 1
Todd Gilliland … 1
David Mayhew … 1
Hershel McGriff … 1
Peyton Sellers … 1
Mike David … 1116
Mike Duncan … 1104
Eric Holmes … 805
Scott Gaylord … 800
Austin Cameron … 779
Johnny Borneman III … 694
Eric Holmes … 377
Mike Duncan … 318
Austin Cameron … 210
Ray Elder … 173
Peyton Sellers … 125
Scott Gaylord … 115
Todd Gilliland … 114
Selected Driver Highlights:
Nicole Behar (No. 33 Custom Welding & Fabrication Toyota)
• Sits ninth in the championship standings with two top fives and six top 10s in 10 starts.
• Matched her career-best finish of fifth in the most recent race at Washington’s Evergreen Speedway.
• Finished 10th in her only NASCAR K&N Pro Series West start at Roseburg last season.
Chris Eggleston (No. 99 NAPA Filters/NAPA Belts & Hoses Toyota)
• Sits second in the overall West standings, just two points behind leader Todd Gilliland, with four wins, nine top fives and 10 top 10s in 10 races.
• Has nine career K&N West wins with 28 top fives and 32 top 10s in 41 career starts.
• Was the 2015 series champion in his first full season of competition with Bill McAnally Racing.
• Is the only driver to finish in the top 10 in every race this season and has wins at Arizona’s Tucson Speedway, California’s Orange Show Speedway, Colorado National Speedway and Evergreen.
• Leads the K&N Pro Series West with top fives in nine of 10 races this season.
• Finished seventh last season in his only career start at the Oregon short track.
Todd Gilliland (No. 16 NAPA Auto Parts Toyota)
• Has five wins, seven top fives and nine top 10s in nine West races this season to lead the series standings by two points over Chris Eggleston.
• Won the first five pole awards of the season and four straight races — Kern County, Irwindale (twice) and Spokane.
• Won last month at Iowa for his series-leading fifth win of the season.
• Won four of the first five K&N Pro Series West races this season and owns 12 career K&N Pro Series West wins.
• Finished 12th in the most recent race at Evergreen, his first finish outside the top 10 since Sonoma in June of 2016.
• Led a race-high 114 laps at Roseburg last season before finishing sixth in his only career start at the track.
Derek Kraus (No. 19 Carlyle Tools/NAPA Belts & Hoses Toyota)
• Sits third in the current West standings with five top fives and six top 10s through 10 races.
• Won his first career pole at Iowa, but enters Roseburg with back-to-back 11th-place finishes — the first time he’s finished outside the top 10 in consecutive races in his career.
• Finished a career-best second at Kern County in March and equaled the effort at Washington’s Spokane County Raceway and Colorado.
• This will be his first series start at Roseburg.
Julia Landauer (No. 6 Sunrise Ford/Eibach Springs/Braille Batteries Ford)
• Sits seventh in the overall standings with five top 10s in 10 starts this season.
• Finished fourth in the K&N Pro Series West standings in 2016, the highest finish for a woman in the series’ history.
• Has posted season-high finishes of sixth on three occasions this season, at California’s Irwindale Event Center, Colorado and the most recent race at Evergreen.
• Finished fifth last season in her only series career start at Roseburg.
Michael Self (No. 9 Sunrise Ford/Eibach Spings/Braille Batteries/Sinclair Ford)
• Despite missing the season opener, is fifth in the standings with four top fives and nine top 10s in nine starts.
• Finished a season-high third at Irwindale in March.
• Has six career K&N West wins, including two at both Minnesota’s Brainerd International Raceway and Iowa Speedway.
• Finished 17th in his only career start at Roseburg back in 2010.
Buddy Shepherd (No. 27 Jefferson Pitts Racing Ford)
• Making his season debut with Jefferson Pitts Racing.
• In three career series starts, has two top-five finishes including a career-high of third at Idaho’s Meridian Speedway in 2015.
• Is the Pro Late Model point leader at Madera Speedway in California.
• Has never competed at Roseburg.
Will Rodgers (No. 7 Solvang Brewing Company Ford)
• Ranks fourth in the West standings with six top fives and eight top 10s in 10 races this year.
• Matched a career-best finish of second last time out at Evergreen, giving him two second-place finishes in the last three races, including at California’s Sonoma Raceway.
• Competed in six races last year and is running for K&N Pro Series West Rookie of the Year this season.
• This will mark his first K&N Pro Series West start at Douglas County.
Up To Speed:
• The 2017 season is the 64th for the K&N Pro Series West.
• The 2017 schedule features 14 races at 12 different tracks.
• Point leader Todd Gilliland, who won the first five poles of the season, swept the Twin 100s at Irwindale in March as part of a stretch of four straight wins.
• Gilliland won at Iowa Speedway for his fifth win of the season.
• Chris Eggleston won the season opener at Tucson and then two straight events at Orange Show and Colorado National.
• Eggleston won the most recent race at Evergreen for his fifth win of the season.
• Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver Kevin Harvick is the only driver other than Gilliland and Eggleston to win a race this season, winning on the road course at Sonoma in June.