- K&N PRO
- WHELEN MODIFIED
- WHELEN ALL-AMERICAN
- YOUR HOME TRACK
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will continue the 2017 season at Langley Speedway in Hampton, Virginia on Saturday with a 150-lap event. Below is a statistical look at the Langley 150.
Langley 150 Setup:
• This marks the fourth race of the season and the only appearance at Langley Speedway for 2017.
• Rowan Pennink holds a one-point advantage over Timmy Solomito in the championship standings coming into the race.
• Spring Sizzler winner Ryan Preece has two career starts at Langley, coming home with a best finish of fifth.
• Andy Seuss has finished inside the top 10 in seven of his eight starts at Langley.
At Langley Speedway:
• The track is a .4-mile slightly banked asphalt oval located in Hampton, Virginia.
• The facility will hold NASCAR Whelen All American Series events in 2017 throughout the summer months.
• The track opened in 1950 and has hosted nine Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series events in its history. It also hosted 14 NASCAR XFINITY Series events.
• Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series competitor Denny Hamlin was the Mini Stock champion at the track in 1997.
• There have been six different winners in the eight previous unified Whelen Modified Tour events at Langley.
• There have been six different pole winners at Langley. Two drivers are tied with two career poles, while four others dhave one career pole.
• Ryan Preece holds the one-lap qualifying record of 97.145 mph, which was set back in April of 2014.
Race: #4 of 17 overall
Race Date: Saturday May 13 at 8:30 p.m. (approx.)
Track Layout: .4.mile slightly banked asphalt oval
Race Length: 150 laps (60 miles)
2016 Race Winner: N/A
2016 Pole Winner: N/A
Qualifying Record: Ryan Preece, 97.145 mph, set in April of 2014
Active Wins Leaders at Langley:
1. George Brunnhoelzl III... 2
2. Burt Myers...2
3. Four drivers are tied with one career win
1. George Brunnhoelzl III... 2
2. Ryan Preece... 2
3. Four drivers are tied with one career pole
1. George Brunnhoelzl III... 405
2. Andy Seuss... 148
1. Andy Seuss.. 7
2. Burt Myers... 5
3. George Brunnhoelzl III... 5
1. Jason Myers... 8
2. George Brunnhoelzl III... 7
3. Burt Myers... 7
Selected Driver Notes:
George Brunnhoelzl III (No. 6 TS Hauler Troyer)
• Replaces Ryan Preece behind the wheel of the No. 6 for Langley, because Preece is getting married.
• Is a four-time NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour champion.
• Has 28 wins, 74 top fives and 90 top 10s in 114 Whelen Southern Modified Tour starts.
• Has two career wins and two career poles in eight starts at Langley.
Rowan Pennink (No. 3 Cape Cod Copper Chevrolet)
• Leads the point standings by one point over Timmy Solomito.
• Has three wins, 30 top fives and 69 top 10s in 144 career series starts.
• Has not started a race at Langley; has a top 10 finish in all three races this season.
Doug Coby (No. 2 Mayhew Tools/Dunleavy/AJ Romano Const. Chevrolet)
• Four-time and defending NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour champion.
• Has 22 wins, 66 top fives and 105 top 10s in 191 career series starts.
• Finished second in the NAPA Spring Sizzler at Stafford.
• Enters Langley 11th in the series point standings.
Andy Seuss (No. 11 LFR Chassis Chevrolet)
• Has 22 wins, 70 top fives and 93 top 10s in 115 career Whelen Southern Modified Tour starts.
• Won the 2014 and 2015 Whelen Southern Modiifed Tour championships.
• Has one win, seven top fives and seven top 10s in eight career starts at Langley Speedway.
Justin Bonsignore (No. 51 Phoenix Communications Inc. Chevrolet)
• Has 12 wins, 48 top fives and 68 top 10s in 108 career series starts.
• Enters Langley third in the series point standings.
• Has four of his 12 career wins at his hometrack, Riverhead Raceway.
Timmy Solomito (No. 16 Starrett Tools Ford)
• Won the 2017 season-opener at Myrtle Beach Speedway
• Has five wins, 17 top fives and 30 top 10s in 55 career Whelen Modified Tour starts.
• Won races at Thompson, Riverhead, Monadnock and Seekonk last season.
Max Zachem (No. 20 MPZ Motorsports/LuMac’s Package Store Chevrolet)
• Has two top 10 finishes in the first three races of the season.
• Has five top fives and 16 top 10s in 38 career series starts.
Todd Szegedy (No. 85 Montanari Fuel/Stuarts Automotive/J&R Pre-Cast Chevrolet)
• Won the 2003 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour championship.
• Has 19 wins, 86 top fives and 130 top 10s in 208 career Whelen Modified Tour starts.
Eric Goodale (No. 58 GAF Roofing Chevrolet)
• Has two wins, 16 top fives, 56 top 10s and 2 poles in 127 career NWMT starts.
• Has no career starts at Langley; his most recent win came at Bristol in August of last year.
• Finished fourth in the NAPA Spring Sizzler at Stafford on April 30.
Up To Speed:
• This is the 33rd season of NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour competition. The inaugural event at Langley was held in August of 2010.
• The 2017 series schedule features 17 points races at 10 different tracks across seven different states. It includes two non-points events at New Hampshire Motor Speedway and Charlotte Motor Speedway.
• Following the event at Langley, the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour returns to the track at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park on June 14.