Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park
High- banked oval
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park is a historic 5.8- mile asphalt oval with a 1.7- mile road course in Northeastern Connecticut. The facility features a challenging, high- banking track accompanied by an 18- hole golf course and Clubhouse Resteraunt located on 500 acres of rolling hills. The track hosts severeal NASCAR events each year including stock car races, the Whelen Modified Tour and Whelen All American Series.STATS
- First became a track in 1939.
- Facility includes a 5.8-mile oval, 1.7-mile roadcourse, 1.10-mile quarter midget track, 4.5 acre autocross area and a golf course.
- The historic track is the only one of its kind, offering both an oval track and a road course in Connecticut.
- The Hoening family has owned the track since before its inception for four generations.
- Known for its savory ice-cream conveniently found at Bogey's Ice Cream Stand.